Anna Olson's Frozen Coconut Souffles Recipe!
- Published on Aug 13, 2019
- Chef Anna Olson demonstrates how to make her incredible Frozen Coconut Souffles recipe from scratch! Follow along with the recipe below and you will be the master of the frozen souffles in no time!
Subscribe for more video recipes: goo.gl/MJV4af
Makes 8 individual desserts
1 tin coconut milk
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
¾ cup (175 mL) whipping cream
1 Tbsp 15 mL vanilla bean paste
fresh raspberries, for décor
1. Place the unopened tin of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 6 hours before you wish to assemble the dessert. After chilling, open the tin (do not shake it prior to opening) and spoon off the coconut cream. Measure 1 cup (250 mL) of this cream and chill it until ready to use.
2. Prepare eight 3-ounce (60 mL) ramekins by cutting pieces of parchment that can wrap around each ramekin and come 1 to 2 inches (2.5-5 cm) above the lip of the ramekin. Use an elastic band or butcher’s twine to secure the parchment on the outside of the ramekins.
3. Using electric beaters or a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the egg whites on high speed and once they become foamy, gradually pour in the sugar and continue to whip until they hold a medium peak when the beaters are lifted. Transfer this to a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Using the same beaters (or whip on a stand mixer) beat the coconut cream to soften slightly, then pour in the cream and whip this on high speed until they hold a soft peak. Stir in the vanilla bean paste.
5. Fold the whipped egg whites into the cream in two additions, folding until well incorporated. Spoon this into the prepared ramekins and spread the tops to level. Freeze the soufflés until set, at least 4 hours before serving, topped. Remove the parchment paper and top each soufflé with a few raspberries.
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
Follow Anna on social media:
Anna's Official Website: annaolson.ca
Follow Oh Yum on...
Official Oh Yum Website: ohyum.tv
- Howto & Style