How to Make Your Own Spiced Granola
- Published on Dec 21, 2018
- Spiced Christmas Granola is the perfect dish to fill your house with aroma on Christmas morning, and you can pack it in jars and give it as a delicious present! Watch as Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make this delicious holiday granola!
Try the recipe for yourself following the directions below, and let us know how your Granola turned out in the comments below. Happy Holidays from all of us at Oh Yum!
Subscribe for more video recipes: goo.gl/MJV4af
Other Holiday Party Recipes:
Oven Baked Ham: y2u.be/khF85lmhNik
Christmas Chicken Wings: y2u.be/FJtC88IjdTM
Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies: y2u.be/wv0KFerA-ak
Veggie Platter and Dip: y2u.be/fL5QUuzXeDA
Roasted Applesauce: y2u.be/17nCD-CiCy0
2 cups (200 g) regular rolled oats (not instant)
1 1/2 cups (150 g) sliced almonds
1/2 cup (50 g) unsweetened, flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup (65 g) cocoa nibs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
5 Tbsp (75 mL) pure maple syrup
1/4 cup (60 g) virgin coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup (100 g) dried cranberries
1/2 cup (50 g) diced dried mango
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Toss the oats, sliced almonds, coconut, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup and oil and stir well to coat evenly. Spread this mixture in an even layer on the baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, until the almonds are toasted and light brown.
3. While the granola is still warm, stir in the dried cranberries and mango and let the granola cool on the tray on a wire rack.
4. Pour the cooled granola into an airtight container. For gift-giving, package it in cellophane bags of at least 1 1/2-cup (375 mL) capacity tied with a ribbon, or scoop it into mason jars.
Recipe from Set for the Holidays with Anna Olson, Appetite by Random House, 2018
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
Follow Anna on social media:
Anna's Official Website: annaolson.ca
Follow Oh Yum on...
Official Oh Yum Website: ohyum.tv
- Howto & Style