How to Make The Cheesiest Brussels Sprouts!
- Published on Nov 13, 2018
- Brussels Sprouts are an often overlooked dish, but when you make them just right they can steal the show! Chef Anna Olson is here to show you how to make this incredible side dish that pairs with any kind of Christmas dinner. Use the recipe below and let us know in the comments how your Brussels Sprouts turned out!
More Video's from Anna's Holiday Feast:
Toasted Kasha: y2u.be/RGoME_gZ1cA
Turkey, Gravy, and Stuffing: y2u.be/y4tcW6EzxnE
Mashed Potatoes: y2u.be/c9bdLUF7bqQ
Turkey Carving: y2u.be/4ASWN1eVims
Caramelized Onions: y2u.be/oK9DXu0zKeQ
Cinderella Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake: y2u.be/Le1z_TVV3iI
Sausage Squares: usclip.net/video/f3TFgiSKUzo/video.html
Subscribe for more video recipes: goo.gl/MJV4af
2 1/4 lb (1 kg) fresh Brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil Salt and black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup (75 g) finely grated Asiago cheese
Walnut or extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup (60 mL) Toasted Buck wheat Kasha (below) or lightly toasted walnut pieces
Optional: Blanch your Brussels sprouts 1 day ahead (step 1) and refrigerate them in an airtight container until it is time to pop them in the sauté pan and finish off the dish.
1. Trim the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Bring a saucepan of water to a full boil over high heat and blanch the Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes. Drain them in a colander and immediately run them under cold water to stop the cooking. Let them drain well.
2. Heat a sauté pan over high heat and add the 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of olive oil. Add the sprouts and sauté for about 7 minutes, letting them brown a bit as you warm them through and season it with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice to the pan, toss well and then transfer the sprouts to a serving platter.
3. Top the sprouts with the cheese and drizzle with some walnut (or olive) oil, nudging them around a little to allow the cheese to melt in. Sprinkle with the chives and toasted buckwheat kasha (or walnuts). Serve immediately.
Recipe from Set for the Holidays with Anna Olson, Appetite by Random House, 2018
Shop Anna Olson Cookbooks:
Follow Anna on social media:
Anna's Official Website: annaolson.ca
Follow Oh Yum on...
Official Oh Yum Website: ohyum.tv
- Howto & Style