🇲🇾 Malaysia: Criminal charges against ex-PM Najib Razak could come 'very soon' | Al Jazeera English
- Published on May 22, 2018
- Statement comes amid crackdown on corruption linked to 1MDB scandal, which saw billions of dollars siphoned from state funds.
The chief of Malaysia's anti-corruption agency says criminal charges against former Prime Minister Najib Razak could come "very soon". Razak, whose party was defeated in an election earlier this month, is alleged to have pocketed hundreds of millions of dollars from state-owned funds.
Billions of dollars has allegedly been siphoned from a state investment fund known as 1MDB.
Al Jazeera's Florence Looi reports from Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia.
- Subscribe to our channel: aje.io/AJSubscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/AJEnglish
- Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/aljazeera
- Check our website: www.aljazeera.com/