How to Make Gingerbread Cookies
- Published on Nov 30, 2018
- Classic old-fashioned gingerbread cookies. Bust out your cookie cutter and make this classic Christmas treat! You can cut them into gingerbread men or use any other fun shape.
__________⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ ___________
PRINTABLE RECIPE: 🖨️thestayathomechef.com/gingerbread-cookies/ 🖨️
🎄🎄🎄Christmas Recipes: goo.gl/ZyqULu 🎄🎄🎄
❓WHAT KIND OF ICING SHOULD I USE FOR DECORATING❓
You can use store bought decorators icing for decorating gingerbread cookies which is sold in tubes or pouches. Another option is to make your own homemade royal icing and dye it the colors you’d like. You want to make sure that you are using an icing, not a frosting as they are two different things. Detailed decorating is best done with icing. Be careful when working with icing as it does dry fairly quickly.
6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1/3 cup dark molasses
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in molasses, egg, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, baking soda, and salt until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. Add in the flour until well incorporated.
2. Remove the dough from the bowl and rap the dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter (or other shapes) to cut out cookies. Lay cut cookies on the prepared baking sheet, 1 to 2 inches apart. Re-roll the dough as necessary to cut out cookies until dough is gone.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes) before decorating
Thanks for watching! Don't forget to push "LIKE," leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: usclip.net/user/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: email@example.com
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
- Howto & Style