Tun Mahathir (Tun M)-Best Of Keberanian Yang Tidak Ada Pada Najib Razak Dan Pemimpin Islam Yang Lain
Malaysia's Mahathir in talks with Putin - 2002
- Published on Jul 21, 2015
- 1. Kremlin
2. President Vladmir Putin walks in and greets Malaysian Prime Minister Mohamad Mahathir
6. One-to-one talks
7. Doors open and Putin, Mahathir walk in for talks involving all delegation members
9. Delegates taking their seats for talks
11. Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov and Putin
13. Putin and Mahathir taking seats for news briefing
14. Cutaway Russian officials
15. SOUNDBITE (Russian) Vladimir Putin, Russian President:
"Today, we analysed the status of our bilateral relations, we identified prospects and areas of our future cooperation."
17. SOUNDBITE (English) Mahathir Mohamad, Malaysian Prime Minister:
"We see a parallel between our stand with regard to how to deal with terrorism and also on the need to remove the courses of terrorism. We appreciate Russia's stand on dealing with the problems in the Middle East, in particular with Palestine and within that, this will contribute to what is reducing the tension in the region."
18. Cutaway journalists
19. Putin, Mahathir leaving briefing
President Vladimir Putin on Thursday met Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
The two leaders discussed further bilateral cooperation between their countries and various international issues, including the fight against terrorism.
After the talks, Putin said that the discussions mainly concentrated on status of bilateral relations and paths for further development between two countries.
Touching on international issues, Putin said that Russia welcomed a UN resolution which recognises Palestine statehood.
Mahathir said that he and Putin also discussed fighting international terrorism and said they hold similar views.
Malaysia wants more Russian aircraft and military equipment and hopes to boost overall trade with Russia.
Malaysia's military uses several Russian-made fighter jets and tanks and Mahathir is to visit a flight research centre outside Moscow during his visit to see a Sukhoi 30MKM fighter jet that is competing for a Malaysian contract.
Mahathir originally had been scheduled to visit in September but the trip was postponed after the September 11 attacks in the United States.
You can license this story through AP Archive: www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/daff44e8827e0db8a7e5ca0781f2b535
Find out more about AP Archive: www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork